With gas prices at the highest average ever for this time of year and airlines enacting new booking and travel fees, getting away from home and taking an affordable vacation seems difficult, if not impossible.
With some planning and researching you can prepare to save some money while traveling on a budget so that you don’t have to forgo your Orlando vacation.
Here are some tips for traveling to Orlando on a budget:
* Use apps to your advantage: There are many apps that can save you money. Whether it be GasBuddy to help you find the cheapest gas near you or ATMHunter, which allows you to avoid fees when withdrawing money.
* Brown bag it: Make an effort to make your own lunches or breakfasts when traveling. It’s cheaper to stock up on fruit, snacks and cold cuts than eating every meal at a restaurant. Carry a reusable water bottle and refill it so that you’re not constantly spending money on pricey beverages. Having your own kitchen while you are staying in a Homes4uu vacation home helps 🙂
* Take advantage of deals: If you’re a member of organizations that offer discounts, look into where you could be saving money. AAA offers its members a variety of savings which range from discounts to attractions to local restaurants.
* Take advantage of cheap vacation packages: Homes4uu has special promotions monthly and offers discounts for Military families, Corporate, AARP and Magicard. We also have vacation packages which include attraction tickets or your Orlando vacation combined with a beach vacation as well. Check out http://www.homes4uu.com for more information.
* Explore public transit options: Do some research about public transportation where you’re going. Taking a bus instead of renting a car or hailing a taxi will save you a lot of money.
* Happy hour keeps your wallet happy: Drinking can often be very expensive and the drinks can quickly break your budget. Research happy hours or local deals using Yelp.
* Keep safety in mind: Make sure you save money reasonably; it’s not worth trying to risk your safety to save money.
Your Orlando vacation can be cost efficient and fun if you plan ahead and use the many resources you have at hand.